Sunday, May 2, 2010

blog 2 privilage

In America I never viewed flushing to toliet paper down as a privilage, or being able to go to the atm and it not being out of money. I have found that in Belize the things I take for granted like consistancy in running water, flushing toliet paper, money in the atm, and having power are actually privilages. You become so use to what you have that it is hard to image what it would be like when you do not have it. I feel that one of the hardest thing for me to over come, other then the water and power issue, had to have been the lack of money in the atm and that resturants did not stay open late and their is not fast food resturants on the island. It was so hard to get used to these concepts because when you live in America it is second nature to have these privilages but in Belize it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment